Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: if u think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10525
10525, RE: if u think
Posted by eric_l21, Mon Oct-15-01 05:19 AM
Well, then you tell me how I am currently oppressing anyone, I would be glad to stop. Once again, what I am saying is that there is no reason for this. If you want to address the issues with racist whites, then you should refer to them as racist whites, crackers, or rednecks. There is a difference, you shouldn't group all kinds of white people into one big category. I don't think oppression is a historical thing (and I'm not a dumb cracker) as much as it is an ongoing thing, but I think that is an issue that needs to be addressed without making it a color issue (there are plenty of disadvantaged hispanics and other races as well, and even some whites). Here's the deal, everyone on here seems pretty intelligent, but what about the people who might just glance at it and think that you guys are white-hating, militant seperatists based on some post like this. Think about people you see on the street everyday and their intelligence level. So at that point, you are giving someone with a lower intelligence level a reason to hate a whole race as a defensive factor. I have seen this happen before. You can either educate these people in the right way by addressing real issues or instil in them a fear of black people and hip hop. Your call, just my thoughts.