Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Awwww
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10496&mesg_id=10516
10516, RE: Awwww
Posted by kemetian, Sun Oct-14-01 04:21 PM
Yimhotep

So many thoughts have gone thru my mind thinking about how to respond to this, sinc ei read it last night. this morning, this afternoon. "his humility is touching," i thought. i mean, i felt like i had been attacking u after i read "i'm a simple person." what w/ my barrage of "who? what? when? where? why? show me, show me, show me!" after all, there's nothing wrong w/ being simple. enjoying the simple pleasures in life is a rather good thing. then i recalled your post and saw that in that sense there's nothing wrong w/ being simple, but that's not what u meant. now u might want the reader to think u meant that, heck u might even think it yourself, but the use of the word simple in that context is not as i have outlined above.

"I can't begin to battle you on a intellectual level."
this is not an intellectual battle. i'm not battling u Qoolskip. this is not "i know everything, show me what u know, and i'll show u i know more." i'm simply asking how u are coming to the conclusions that u seem so sure of, that u raise your CAPS! so when u answer w/ "i'm a simple person and i cannot begin to battle u... " frankly that's unacceptable to me. "simple" in that context is an excuse for not.., for not... (whispering) doing better.

Trust me, u don't want to be the kind of person who seems confident about what he is saying then when someone presses, u fall apart like a house of cards that an elephant just sneezed on.

"My opinions are based on my life experiences and the few books that I have read."
this is not true either. your life experiences tell u a lot more than the nothing u have told me. u c Qoolskip, u r not just Mr. Qool Skip, u r the earthy representation of everyone that came b4 u and everyone who will come after. as such, your life experiences are not what u remember in your 15(?) years - j/k (about the age). your experienc eis in your memory in genes your experience, starts from the begining of time and since the beginning of time u have had experience w/ the subjects of this post up until now, and those experiences, all of them and the ones "u" haven't had yet are your life experiences. now if u don't talk to those who came b4 u, then they can't jog your memory, in any case they left records of their/your life experiences. look @ them, u will come to a much different conclusion than the one u chant.

But would
>>it be any better if
>>it was ran by blacks
>>or asians or puerto ricans?
>>NO.
i/u/We want to get away from repeating what sounds like logic in place of truth. it seems logical that since we walk on a flat road, the world must be flat, we know that is not the case. it seems logical , the same way it seems logical that if one ppl are a crtn way crtnyly everybody is/would be. let's not make statements like this unless we r absolutely sure.

No, I do not have historical facts. My opinions are based on my life experiences and the few books that I have read. So no I can't take you back and forth and discuss with you the history of different cultures.
BUT if you do have some info about past cultures and what happen before the "alien intervention" then please pass it along. If its the story about Yakub and his creation of the blue-eyed devil then I'll pass unless of course you have some historical data that could back that story.

i don't know anything about this story, this is the 2nd time i've heard about it, the 1st: in the Fear post.

>i understand what u are saying
>Qoolskip. Universal Love is
>a wonderful thing and something
>for us all to strive
>to. But tell me,
>what would u tell a
>woman in an abusive relationship?
> if she leaves the
>man, if she tells other
>ppl "this is what this
>an has done" if she
>warns other ppl of this
>mans behaviour, is she wrong?
>does she "hate" him? should
>she not "point the finger
>@ him?" should she demand
>respect from him? or should
>she stay and show her
>"love?"
>

I could understand anybody being angry and having some hate in there heart after being abused. But I feel that one should recognize that hate and not let it take over there soul. Don't pass on the wrong done to you to others. Seek some help psychologically or spiritually.

u completely avoided the question. how does the woman _deal_ with the abuser? does she have an obligation to warn others?
since the abusive relationship analogy went kersplat, i'll try another one. We should love everyone no doubt about that ok. but flow with me for a bit. the world is like a large body. in order for the body to work, the internal parts have to work w/ each other don't they? ok, say the different races of the world are the parts. black individuals are the cells of the heart. the different black nations (Yoruba, Akan, Zulu, African_American etc.) are the tissues. There are a set of tissues that have been removed from the heart, the cells are dispersed and they float around the body. The cells don't remember which organ they come from, so they stick on to the spleen, they stick on the stomach, they stick onto the lungs. They, as individual cells are of no use to these organs are they? only when they re-member themselves & join together as the heart can they make a proper contribution to overall working of the body. suppose all the cells mixed themselves all together, forsaking their reponsibilities as heart, spleen, pancreas? what would we have? so before u can go for Universal Love u must have love and respect for self, and ppl must respect u too, or else u are of no consequence.

This Love is the answer stuff? Don't nobody love some white folks more than black folks. where has it gotten us? if black ppl didn't love white ppl they wouldn't be rushing to "heal" after _we've_ been wronged, we wouldn't be rushing to fry and lock up our children after they've been wronged (by this society), they would personally take up plungers and shove them up the anuses of the policemen who committed that ac of barbarism, they would empty out their guns 40x40 times to avenge the death of Amadou Diallo, Tawana Bradley, there would be no such thing as "truth and reconciliation" hearings. So we've done that, and if it doesn't work, what should u do?

Shemhotep
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well as with the wise. For the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set and no one has ever reached them. Wisdom is rarer than emeralds, and yet it is found among the women who gather at the grindstones."
-The Book of Ptahhotep(excerpt)