Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: beautiful response!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10260&mesg_id=10284
10284, RE: beautiful response!
Posted by incogx, Wed Apr-26-00 07:04 PM
>we need to hit em below the belt through
>(what Gandhi spoke of as) "non-participation"
>in their system(s). Remove ourselves from the
>grid so to speak. We need to actively work at
>decolonizing ourselves materially as well as
>psychilcally, mentally and emotionally from
>their entire murderous paradigm!

Very true, el ray. I’ve been meaning to post the following info from a flyer I received. It goes along with what you’re saying. Many of you have probably already heard about this but just in case I’ll put it up here.
~~~
MAY 20TH IS BLACK OUT DAY!

National BLACK OUT DAY is a day where black people will not spend their money anywhere. Black people across America will not frequent any establishment to show white America that our money has spending power, that we can unify together and relay a powerful message. The message is that we are not the minority. We are the majority. Our dollars keep the economic system afloat. And if we do not spend money in any white establishments, they will be able to see the impact on what one single day can have on economics. We will do this again and again until we see justice for Amadou Diallo!
~~~

I agree fully with this but I think we should carry this out even further than one day. I think we should pay more attention to who our purchases support every day of the year. We should make it a regular practice to support black business & at the same time impact those that capitalize off of us.

Peace,
Incog
____

“bwoy, if ya dis marcus ye must bite the dust”
...Capelton

“brothas want a record deal, but can they deal with a record”
...malik yusef

“now we all servin’ time/ even my prose is on probation”
...saul williams

“no trees grow in brooklyn/ seeds need to be planted/ i’m askin’ if yall feel me & the crowd left me stranded”
...talib kweli

saying being hardline is what it takes/ to take life/ hiding behind your iconic shield representing cowardice/ we as a people need to cower less
...Vet

trying not to gag lolly
through melancholy
subways astray
tap my conscience on the ash tray
and exhale potential
from an overworked mental
dismantled
...incog