Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRevolution in 2G
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10260&mesg_id=10282
10282, Revolution in 2G
Posted by incogx, Tue Apr-25-00 07:41 PM
El ray, I share your feelings. On one hand I don’t like violence, but on the other I feel like enough is enough. I know I’m not the only one that had some violent thoughts & impulses from the continuous blatent injustices we suffer. Personally I’m fed up. I’ve been reading a lot of stuff from the movement in the 60s and 70s and it gets me fired up & thinking about what we need to do. I think that it’s important for us to know about that period because there’s a lot that we can take from the panthers, etc... but we can’t do things exactly the same in 2G.

Even back then the gov’t didn’t seem to have much problem infiltrating and assassinating. Look at how Hoover got to Malcolm & MLK ans countless others! And now with advances in technology and increasing quiet weapons for silent wars it would be that much easier for them to take us out. So if we all just loaded up & took it to the streets it would most likely end up in a whole lot of dead revolutionaries and little change. Best beleive they will bomb us, Nuke us, whatever. YES, they will drop bombs on US soil. And the gov’t could use our violent revolt as an excuse for FEMA to declare martial law and then we’d really be effed up. We need to find other means to fight. I’m not even gonna front like I have some master plan mapped out. That’s got to be collective plan. But at the same time we should all know how to defend ourselves physically because any revolution is going to have some physical violence.

Before any kind of revolution can happen we have to kill the apathy that’s plaguing us. Until that happens we’ll never change shit. We need to get free but we also need to be breathing to do that. I don’t have an exact answer of how to do this, but I’m down to the death so lets find one together.

1ne L,
incog
~~~~~~
“bwoy, if ya dis marcus ye must bite the dust”
...Capelton

“brothas want a record deal, but can they deal with a record”
...malik yusef

“now we all servin’ time/ even my prose is on probation”
...saul williams

“no trees grow in brooklyn/ seeds need to be planted/ i’m askin’ if yall feel me & the crowd left me stranded”
...talib kweli

saying being hardline is what it takes/ to take life/ hiding behind your iconic shield representing cowardice/ we as a people need to cower less
...Vet

trying not to gag lolly
through melancholy
subways astray
tap my conscience on the ash tray
and exhale potential
from an overworked mental
dismantled
...incog