Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Think again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10260&mesg_id=10273
10273, RE: Think again
Posted by guest, Sun Apr-30-00 01:16 AM
>Tell me you're not seriously comparing
>the governments of El Salvador
>and South Africa then to
>the government of the United
>States of America now?

the government of the USA, well...
we live in the BELLY of the beast
the other governments you speak of would not be the way they are if it was not for imperialism and capitalist globalization
at the top of that ladder the good USA
the exploitative nature of capitalism on our natural resources cannot last forever
why is cuba such a threat?
why the debate over elian, while the US border patrol and the INS would send back a 6 year old boy from mexico with no questions asked
just like clinton's tour/plea for all the african countries to implement capitalism FOR A BETTER LIFE
a better life for who?
a few corporations that profit off doing businesses in 'third world' nations
while the women and children are forced to work for unsuitable wages, risking rape and torture

sometimes i think that talk about searching for truth and elevating the mind and internal peace by increased spiritual awareness, blah blah
"revolution of the mind" type bullshit
how can you have internal peace knowing that at any moment you could be the next target for speaking out against this government, the largest terrorist in the world
who also fits the official definition of a "GANG" better than anything i've known

revolution aint no romantic philosophy
more often than not, that is white middle class rhetoric
revolution has been and always will be about the people
if the masses are inclined to uprise with weapon in hand, so be it
fuck the idea of a talented tenth
true progress stems from a collective desire to see change, and willingness to act on it
for those who are against violence and bloodshed relating to revolution, look at what state we are living in now
people of color
women
gays/lesbians
we are all enslaved peoples

how much progress have we really made?