Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: police state
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10260&mesg_id=10263
10263, RE: police state
Posted by guest, Tue Apr-25-00 06:59 AM
>i think that the superpower
>of the u.s.military is great,
>yet backwoods militia fighters may
>have the upper hand in
>close-quarter combat due to familiarity
>with the local terrain.

This may be true, but close-quarter combat is a thing of the past for the US military. Instead of going in with infantry, in the case of a domestic war what's to stop the military from just dropping a bomb on militia HQ?? Plus, the Army has remote control tanks now along with smart bombs, etc. A grassroots militia uprising would get crushed with a swiftness.

That's why a revolution of ideas similar to Reformation in 15th (?) century Europe is necessary. It might be harder to do, but in the long run changing people's attitudes towards thier world is the best way to go. A revolution usually leads to an unstable government, which is the last thing a country this size needs. A gradual change in people's world view is the only way I see for long term positive change.

On a side note, my Dad was in the Air Force as well, and although I don't currently have any guns, I used to enjoy shooting when I was younger. Education is the key to responsible gun ownership, but that's another post altogether.

----------------------------------------
404 signature not found