Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectspeaking of morals in children..................
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10105&mesg_id=10210
10210, speaking of morals in children..................
Posted by abduhu, Wed Nov-07-01 06:53 AM
the other day i wasin the grocery stote picking up some stuff for dinner.

so i go down an isle an get what im looking for, and start for the next item.

you know how grocery stores have those racks near the registers full of candies, pies, snack cakes etc......

as im exiting the isle, i see this little girl in front of me, at one of those racks.

why is she SPITTING in a box of little debbie snack cakes on one of those racks?!? and im talking about thick spit, spitting slow, letting it fall from her mouth. ya know, like how kids play with spit.

i couldnt believe what i was seeing, a i kinda stood there w/ this perplexing, yet disturbed and disgusted look on my face.

so when she finished, she looked at it for a couple of seconds and walked off.

in the very short "meanwhile", i was like "maaan, should i let this go?"...."who is she with?"...."where are here parents, imma have to call her out on this one?"

so as im looking at her walking away, and thinking what im thinking......not even six ft. from where she spit THE FIRST TIME.............she politely stops a a display box of king size reese cups, doesnt look (or think twice, probably) to see if anyone is watching her, AND DOES IT AGAIN!

this time, she bent over, cups her hands around her mouth, and spits away!

so now im like "who is she wit, for real!?"......"i cant let her get away with this!"......."

she finally decides to look around, and see if anybody saw her, and looks dead at me! and she got this look on her face like "did he see me or what?"

so she turns to start walking away, and looks back at me, to verify if i really was looking at her i guess. and she politely *smiles* as if she did nothing at all. a real smile, no smirk, no sinister, no nothing but a real honest smile.

im looking to see, where shes gonna go, and who shes gonna goto, as she knows she has been officially busted.

and so she walks through the checkout line that she just spit in, and walks to the checkout line before that one.........and lo and behold.......in the security of moms.

so shes stand w/ moms, kinda grabbing on her, like shes hiding in moms dress tail from me or something......youve seen that look b4, im sure.

so shes staring at me AS IM COMING HER WAY TO TELL HER MOM WHAT SHE DID...........

"excuse me mam, is she with you?"

"yes she is, why did she do something (simultaneously grabbing her arm w/ that unescapable grip that moms have. girl knows she done-done did it now)?"
"what did she take? what did you take (shaking her arm while asking)?"

"ummm, she didnt take anything. i just wanted to let you know that she spit on some candy bars......(moms pulls girl towards direction im looking in b4 i can say where)....over here (as im walking)."

mom has seen enough. ice grill in effect. starts to take her away b4 i can say........

"and she spit in this box over here."

moms dont even come to look at that one.
mumbles something about "pulling to the side to discuss...."

walks out of store, with groceries, lil' bad ass daughter, and the other saintly children.

1 thing that i realize and amazes me!:
she (the mother) didnt even bother to attepmt to rectify what her daughter had done......and im like "what the......!?!"

so i tell the cashier about it, and she cleans it up.

back at home.
so as im narrating to my wife what happened.............
#2 thing that i realize and amazes me!:
when the girl spit the little debbie box, HER MOM WAS CHECKING OUT IN THE SAME LINE she spit in!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WAS ONE BRAVE, BUT BAD, LITTLE GIRL!!!!!

-end story-

moral of this "i admit, i didnt have to detail so much to illustrate a picture, but that just how i do" story:

you dont have to create situations to test your children on the lessons that they have learned, they will happen anyway.

***p.s.: just because a child fails a test, doesnt mean that the lesson hasnt been learned. sometimes students have sorry ass teachers teaching them half ass lessons. remember that, and make sure you dont fall victim to it.***

peace.

***p.p.s.: you have my permission to edit this "wonderful" children's story as you see fit, and print it, at a cost of nothing! :-) just acknowledge me, tis all.***

3.7 He it is Who has >sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established, clear meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are not entirely clear. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is not clear, seeking discord, and searching for hidden meanings in it, but no one knows its interpretation except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.

the biography of Prophet Muhammad (saws):
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/
subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa atuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).