Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Morals vs. Your Own Path
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10105&mesg_id=10201
10201, RE: Morals vs. Your Own Path
Posted by Nettrice, Tue Nov-06-01 06:31 PM
I was raised to think that morals were for morons but that's a bit strong. The system/society/civilization requires a bunch of rules and procedures to be learned and obeyed. Children are domesticated to police themselves to mold their character into one of virtue. Many children are taught to be judges and they learn to suppress of their feelings and denial of their true selves in order to maintain the status quo. By focusing on externals, judging and allowing others to judge them at the expense of their own integrity.

A child or activist does not need morals, rules or precepts other than to respect all life as much as their own, to respect their own life as if it were the universe, to help and heal themselves and others whenever they can, and inflict minimum damage on others in their relationships.

No matter what children are going to be domesticated but I plan to domesticate my children to not believe other people's opinions, and listen to their own truth so they can reject all the other b.s. later.

The only time I was punished was for being dishonest. Integrity was very important but I was encouraged to realize my own path and build my own inner principles and move with my true nature...I'll teach my children to be authentic so that all their thoughts and actions towards themselves and others is true or life affirming.

Murder, thievery, etc. are all things that children can be conditioned to believe is necessary but I've never heard anyone say it's right. It's never right- it just is. Giving kids alternatives and putting their attention on the truth is key, as well as helping them to understand cause and effect.

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own"
--Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix" (and a Buddhist philosophy)

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"