Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectEquip
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10105&mesg_id=10188
10188, Equip
Posted by M2, Tue Nov-06-01 12:56 PM

#1. Equip your children with the ability to go out in the world, make their OWN decisions and choose their OWN path. E.g. There is a difference between educating somone and teaching them right from wrong, and teaching them to only live life (and that the only acceptable way of life) is the one you define.

E.g. Families that do things like: Defining who their kids should marry, what jobs they should have, conditioning in political affiliations, political views, religion, etc.

It's alright to teach a child your beliefs, but don't lead them to belive YOUR way is the only way and that they have no right to question and seek answers/ideologies elsewhere.

#2. Know when to treat your children like Adults and when to treat them like Children. I've been reading encylopedia's, the newspaper and what not since I was 4/5, because that's what my parents used to teach me how to read (My Father found a lot of the books for teaching young children to read "Boorish & Fatuous"). They also talked to me like an adult if I asked them how the car/tv/radio worked........BUT they still understood that I needed kid things/toys/activities.

Ya' Dig?

Peace,

M2