Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectsomething else:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10105&mesg_id=10183
10183, something else:
Posted by Utamaroho, Tue Nov-06-01 12:49 PM
inspired by pey:

journeying through the woods and showing a child nature first hand. zzos and nature trails are cool, but i can't imagine where my adventurous spirit would be right now if i hadn't had an aunt that used to walk me and my cousin through the woods pointing out plants and their uses.

which brings up this point: learn alongside your child. if you don't know about plants or herbs and their uses, getting a book and finding out together out in the woods while exploring would be beneficial.

actually "growing" or "using" those herbs...and having them around would at least familiarize the child with them. imagine growing 10 herbs in a windowsill garden and the child growing up around them...recognizing the smells, memorizing what they look like, teaching them the names. and then imagine using those herbs on the child for ailments. that child would have a big advantage over the "over the counter" kids, healthwise and knowledge-wise. s/he would be able to then see the relationship between the earth, and him/herself in the healing process...

just a thought.