Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWILL YOU BE QUIET?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=10105&mesg_id=10125
10125, WILL YOU BE QUIET?
Posted by Utamaroho, Tue Nov-06-01 07:37 AM
:) Damn, can i have some fun first? Geez!

no for real. i've always wondered this, because it goes into the effectiveness of socialization...

walleye said this:

"We can't choose our religion in any strict sense of the word 'choose'. All modern definitions of the term religion revolve around it as part of our environment. In that sense, I can choose my religion about as easily as I can choose which language I speak and my hometown."

...in the other post. some people actually think their ideas are their own and have no idea as to the reality of socialization whatsoever. if one was educated and reared in one way, and decided to change, then ideologically wouldn't it be better to give the child a "choice based" education from the get go?

personally i think people are afraid to let their children "go out" and choose out of fear of them finding something better, or not doing the "God" instructed thing by "raising the child in the way that it should go..."

this also points to another aspect of the "god" concept and its tenets. the fact that transmission from parent to child is initiated from birth and strong (being that the bond of parent/child is strong) a child's mind has no chance (or very little) at deviancy.

the creators of the "god" concept were VERY effective if you ask me.