Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe road to hell is paved...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=1&mesg_id=108
108, The road to hell is paved...
Posted by Agent D, Wed Oct-20-04 05:27 AM
...with well-meaning letters from Guardian readers. I read the Guardian, have for years, but this whole thing pissed me off enough as to make me write an angry letter to the editor, which is the sort of thing I wasn't planning on being enough of a sad wanker to do for at least another 20-odd years.

It just seems so completely patronising, paternalistic, and generally pissant-y. But most of all, counter-productive. The only people I can imagine being happy to receive this unsolicited 'friendly advice' would be people who are already leaning strongly towards Kerry. The undecided I think could actually be swayed towards voting for Bush, simply as a 'Fuck You' response. And from what I've seen of the responses on the Guardian site to this initiative, that HAS pretty much been the flavour.

I think they should send a friendly apology to everyone who's been sent one of these letters. And maybe a case of beer.

www.urtheory.co.uk - Notes Towards a Grand Unified Review of Everything..