Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectChildren need both...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13744&mesg_id=13792
13792, Children need both...
Posted by Nettrice, Sat May-26-01 08:37 AM
...positve male and female figures in order to develop into whole human beings. I testified about my father but the issue wasn't just about being abusive. He was irresponsible with his behavior around his daughters and that can be just as damaging as not having a father at all.

Fortunately, I had postive men in my life to counteract the negative influence of my father. They taught me that I was enough. Even my father taught me that. I learned I was capable and free to be myself with out needing justification from any man (or woman). I also learned not to rely on physical appearance to succeed in life.

Finally, I left the male/female roles behind because in many families it doesn't not work. Do I need a strong man beside me to succeed or do I need to be complete within? Hopefully, I can have a mature, honest, open man beside me who is as complete as I feel. Then, my future children have a chance for a positive relationship with their father.

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"