Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectOsoclasi's continued lack of evidence...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=693&mesg_id=1031
1031, Osoclasi's continued lack of evidence...
Posted by guest, Fri Jun-11-04 06:40 PM
Osoclasi has claimed he did a word study, but did anyone see any evidence to backup his study? Or just a lot of claims.. it was a lot of claims. Personally, I find any claim to a word study he may have done completely unreliable, as his misrepresentation of the grammar at verses I provided from the LXX was clearly demonstrated by a consideration of the Hebrew text and Brenton's translation.

With regards to Hebrews 2:8, I agree that all things are in the context of what was subjected to him and God is the one doing this. Therefore, God and Christ are both not included in this. However, Osoclasi fails to note that the same applies to John 1:3, for the Father is the one creating through Christ. And therefore, just as Osoclasi argues that "in Heb 2:8 panta is refering to what is being subjected i,e all things that are subjected", we must also say that panta in john 1:3 refers to all things that were created through Christ, not what was not created through Christ. We note that the verse does not say that "What was created was created through Christ" but that all things were created through Christ. Unless we allow for exception to this, we would have to say that both God and the holy spirit were of these things as well, because it does not say "What was created..."

Let us see how much more Osoclasi can claim victory.. Sure looks like he is just trying to inflate his ego, but we all can see the obvious reality of this discussion. He has a long ways to go.