Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: No Matter What this isnt enough of sample size, period
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=99459&mesg_id=99559
99559, RE: No Matter What this isnt enough of sample size, period
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Oct-10-11 10:09 PM
>ITS BEEN 5 FUCKIN GAMES!!!
you don't get it

>Let me repeat that.
me too

>its been 5 fuckin games!!!
YOU DON'T GET IT. didnt take five games for those who've been WATCHING alex smith play on this team for years to recognize a clear difference. if you ain't watched, then cool but you're ill informed. if you have watched, then you simply don't know football. it's not just about w-l record. every game, even games where he made mistakes, he has looked MARKEDLY different back there. the happy feet are gone, he's protecting the ball even when getting hit, making crazy athletic plays (Twice this season a snap has gotten away from him, he's picked it up on a bounce and made completions or incomplete passes, either way, nullified potential big losses). made a LOT of great throws. no one is saying he's johnny unitas. what is being said is that PERHAPS, just PERHAPS there's something to be said for having a revolving door of coaching staffs, many who didn't know the first thing about offense.

however, the fact that this team hasn't been 4-1 since 2002 and very well COULD (i say should) have been 5-0 says more about how far they've come in such a short time.

>I dont care which side of teh argument you're on, thats not
>enough to erase 6 years of mediocrity.
>
>You can sit here and grandstand all you want after 1/3 of a
>season, but I have a feeling this post is going to be seeing
>some daylight you don't want it to see by the end of this
>year.
he's not grandstanding, he's simply on some "you were saying?" to cats who said alex smith couldn't EVER do shit and that NO coach could fix the problems the team had blah blah blah

>Josh Johnson will be there soon enough.