Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectyeah much of that exchange above was WAY off-base
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=98019&mesg_id=98205
98205, yeah much of that exchange above was WAY off-base
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Apr-18-12 02:15 AM
The Flyers are a goon-less team, basically, I guess Rinaldo but he's been on good behavior. They all have been, really, they have let Pittsburgh get butt hurt and take it to them.

Hartnell is no angel and Simmer can fight but those guys are also 20+ goal scorers, these guys are fast and skilled throughout the lineup. They are about as much the Broad Street Bullies as Cincinnati is the Big Red Machine

I didn't think as much of the Asham hit as many people did but Neal's antics were really deplorable (one game!?!) and Crosby showed why he does not belong in the same breath as the all-time greats there, the real class players and leaders like Sakic, 99, 66, et al.

Overall, what the Flyers did was standard practice for any team. What the Pens did was way above and beyond and totally gutless. I haven't seen a team melt down like that in years, in 04 maybe Calgary did it for a game or two and St Louis with Pronger throwing that tantrum. Even then, it wasn't that obvious or widespread.