Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectFrom the outside looking in, meaning I'm a casual NBA fan...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=96445&mesg_id=97042
97042, From the outside looking in, meaning I'm a casual NBA fan...
Posted by phenompyrus, Fri Dec-09-11 08:17 AM
This was a good trade for the Hornets. No, a GREAT trade for them.
They were getting 4 better than average players, and a 1st round draft pick, for a superstar with a bad knee (snark, but still).

This was an OK trade for the Rockets. Pau has more than you guys give him credit for left in the tank, and he could have really helped the Rockets, as I am assuming, they were also not done making moves for the year.

This was a bad move for the Lakers, IF they couldn't get anybody else. Trading 2 7 footers for a PG, albeit the best in the league, doesn't seem like a good look. They prob weren't going to land D12, BUT, if they got David West (which sounds like it's in the cards), then the Paul trade is a great move. Their team goes from: Fisher, World Peace, Kobe, Pau, Bynum
to: CP3, World Peace, Kobe, West, Bynum
That is a kickass team STILL, and they would still be on the market in years to come for eventually replacing Mamba.

If anything, ironically, this stupidity has made the NBA much more intriguing to a guy like me.