Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI am a Magic fan. I agree.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=96445&mesg_id=97015
97015, I am a Magic fan. I agree.
Posted by Duval Spit, Fri Dec-09-11 02:31 AM
That is not the point I am trying to make.

I am saying that the Lakers are done with Bynum and Odom and will find a way to get rid of both of them even if it doesn't mean getting both CP3 and Howard (which now looks to be an impossibility)

Before word got out that they would pursue Paul
the general (presumably leaked) thinking was the Orlando would get Bynum and Odom for Howard.
Then, when they decided they could move for Paul, they planned to send Gasol and Odom to NO with obvious plans to deal Bynum and smaller players for Howard.

In either scenario Bynum AND Odom are moved.

This is not coincidence.

If they are so gung ho about getting Howard, why do they so easily let their 2nd and 3rd best assets go to NO instead of holding on to one to hopefully sway Orlando to push the button?

Because they saw an opportunity, did the math, and realized they could do it all.

At the end of the day the Howard deal WILL get done, I have no debate over that point.
What I am saying is that NO MATTER WHAT TRADE TAKES PLACE neither Bynum nor Odom will be Lakers by the end of the year.

And the Lakers organization rejoices over this.