Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: he's obviously going to win one b1g ten title at osu
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=95106&mesg_id=95312
95312, RE: he's obviously going to win one b1g ten title at osu
Posted by 3xKrazy, Mon Nov-28-11 10:34 AM

>it should worry you that no florida fan is that upset by this.
> they know the situation with meyer.

i cant say that im all that dialed in to what florida fans are feeling but ive come across a lot of FL editorial stuff and that was bitter as fuck. like, really, really bitter.

are UF fans happier with muschamp/weis?

I've heard a lot of stuff about meyer leaving the cupboard bare...except if you look at the recruiting rankings, all I see are monster classes. perhaps first time HC muschamp just couldn't hold it down?

>he's not going
>to be as dominant in conference as tressel was.

you can share your reasons as to why you feel that why. as far as why I'm optimistic:

-the big 10 is actually weaker now compared to ten years ago. PSU taking themselves out of the picture certainly contributes to this.

-national recruiting will be upgraded. you've followed recruiting and know of Tressel's signing day woes. meyer is a recruiting beast.

-coaching staff in general will be MASSIVELY upgraded. OSU was running a mom and pop show, especially as far as the offense goes. look at what our offense did this year without tressel. look at that 2 minute drill we ran at the end of the michigan game. check the credentials of nick siciliano...the qb coach who we entrusted with pryor's career. do you think bollman's agent is flooded with NFL offers today now that he's on the market? there's a reason nobody ever poaches our offensive staff.

>and, of course, there's a chance he retires after two
>seasons.

it's a risk you take. if he leaves, it won't be for another college gig. it's pretty obvious by now that OSU is the job he covets.