Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI don't get all this new found 'love' and 'respect' for Urban Meyer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=95106&mesg_id=95196
95196, I don't get all this new found 'love' and 'respect' for Urban Meyer
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Nov-19-11 08:30 AM
Unless my memory is wayyy off, I remember a lot of folks outside of Floriday disliking Urban. It's amazing how people change so quick...

And I'm not saying this to bash Ohio State fans because I've observed this same behavior in PSU fans as well. I can't tell you how many PSU fans I've talked to that think Urban Meyer would be our savior. But a year ago, those same people would be talking about how slimey of a person he is. Interesting...

For the record, I think he's a great hire for OSU. Has roots there and will have an awesome talent pool to work with. If he can continue to lock up all Ohio players and bring in guys from western PA and the south, it's a wrap. I think his pedigree alone will be enough to win over a TON of recruits. Kids want to play for and win a National title. He can promise that whereas other coaches in the Big 10 .....yeah. Good for OSU, shitty situation for the rest of us...