Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectLOVE all these quotes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=95106&mesg_id=95186
95186, LOVE all these quotes.
Posted by Ceej, Fri Nov-18-11 02:29 PM
"At the end of the day, I'm very convinced that you're going to be judged on how you are as a husband and a father, not how many bowl games you won,"

"Oh no. No, not at all. Not at all. The struggles this season … you can fix struggles," Meyer said. "If it was a different time in my family's lives, where they weren't involved in sports, involved in all of the things that a dad should be at, then it might be different. But I want to make clear, that's it. That's the reason. Last year's (health problem) was a wakeup call."

“I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, and I am a fierce competitor to my core. At this time in my life, however, I appreciate the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field. The decision to step down was a difficult one.

I relish the opportunity to cheer for my three terrific kids as they compete in their own respective sports. I know how fortunate I am to be in a position to make this choice and to have a family that is as loving and supportive as my amazing wife and children have always been