Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectGuess I'm one of the only ones still paying attention
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=94434&mesg_id=94607
94607, Guess I'm one of the only ones still paying attention
Posted by OldPro, Wed May-30-12 08:43 AM
It's times like these when I wished I still watched the NBA... FUCK

I JUST KNEW Hammer was going to take Fuentes deep... called that shit two pitches before it happened.

But for real it's time to cut the bullshit. This team has some nice pieces but some of the fat needs to be cut and cut soon. I like the move keeping Donaldson up and sending Recker back down but there's a lot more that need to be done.

First move is to just make Cook the closer and be done with it. I know I'm on record as saying the idea of a closer is stupid but we all know cook is going to end up there sooner or later... until then the whole pen is unsettled. We're going to need to find a couple more reliable arms... but then isn't this year supposed to be about finding out what we have? I say just move Fuentes or Balfour (at least one of them) and let the search begin.

Barton being sent down better be a given at this point. Kila has shown he's every bit as good, if not better, at picking balls and without a question is the more aggressive hitter. I'm not sold on him being either the long or short term answer for the club but I do know he's a better ball player than Barton... hell who isn't better than Barton? Fuck all this shit... Carter needs to be brought up as the right handed bat at first. Despite Billy playing musical positions with dude a couple years back, he's looking as comfortable at first as I've seen him during his entire tenure with the Cats. At this point I have no idea if he's ever going to make it in the bigs but it's past time we found out. Give him a couple months seeing lefties and we'll go from there. If this means moving a guy like Gomes, Smith or Coco so be it... if you going to rebuild this bitch, then rebuild it.

Trade for a shortstop. Seriously this might be as needed a move as any I'm listing. Pennington is just not the guy... we look silly acting like we have a long term solution at short. Strong arm with little to no range and extremely inconstant at the plate... the way he plays defense he needs to be at least a 280 hitter... he's no where close to that. We don't have much in the system at the position so it's time to look outside. I can live with a 220 hitting shortstop as long as he can get to some of these balls and make the routine plays consistently. If Billy can't find anything out there then lets get a look at Brandon Hicks who's been playing a nice SS for the Rivercats. I doubt he's the answer but again let's find out.

And finally find a way to get Derrick Norris to the big leagues. I'm not saying get rid of Suzuki right now... I don't want to see the staff suffer with two young catchers. But let's at least come to the realization Zuk is never going to be anything but an average (at best) catcher. After this year I think it's time to move on.

The good is we have two young dynamic outfielders, a second basemen whos only going to get better, a shit load of good young arms and a good amount of positional talent starting to rise through the system. We just have the remember this season is about the future... and the sooner we embrace that future the better.

http://reunionradio.blogspot.com/