Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI don't know where I stand with Cam
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=93355&mesg_id=93418
93418, I don't know where I stand with Cam
Posted by MothershipConnection, Sun Apr-17-11 06:09 PM
It's sorta funny, cause most of OKSports LOVES them some Cam, while most of the posters who are consistently up in the college football posts are lukewarm on him (at least his pro prospects, he had one of the great statistical seasons of all time).

I just can't find any one good reason to really believe in him or think he'd fail either way. Dude completed a good percentage of passes, but I watched him miss open receivers in games. His running style that made him unstoppable in college doesn't really fly in the league, cause no NFL team really needs their QB to run short yardage. He doesn't seem like a bad dude, but has invited trouble each place he's been. He's a hard worker, but like you said, sometimes he just sounds dumb.

All in all, he has the talent to be a top 5 QB, and best case is he's Ben Roethlisberger, but it's equally like he follows a Vince Young or Jeff George like career path where he's more than a serviceable starter for a team but becomes too much of a pain in the ass for them to deal with long term. Not rooting against him though.