Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjecti'd say williams was being careless also.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=90127&mesg_id=90711
90711, i'd say williams was being careless also.
Posted by Flash80, Wed Jan-25-12 11:33 AM
there was the fumble..
there was the knee touch..
there was him sprinting and making a diving catch on one punt return instead of letting the ball roll..
there was him calling for a fair catch when the nearest gunner was 20 yards away.

dude simply had a bad day filling in for ginn.

also, one of the local talking heads yesterday pointed out the special teams coach is culpable too for not putting another man (kendall hunter) back there as a dual returner or up-man because of the wet field.

this is something the giants did.

i want to pile on williams like the next guy...PAUSE...but i'm not losing sight of 1-for-13 on 3rd down, abandoning the running game which had been working (we only ran the ball twice in the last four possessions despite) and the receivers unable to get separation.

and even the biggest alex smith fans here have to admit that he didn't do enough to win the game.

the giants exploited tremaine brock and did what they had to do.

this stings, but personally 1990 probably still hurts more 'cause of the high expectations for the three-peat and also joe's niner career effectively ending. seifert/holmgren flat out got outcoached by parcells/belichick.