Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectseriously? you need this to be explained
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=90127&mesg_id=90705
90705, seriously? you need this to be explained
Posted by Beamer6178, Tue Jan-24-12 09:58 AM
>9er play and not a forced error by the giants...or gosh,
>maybe both?
dude who ALREADY gave the giants 7 points, after our defense got us the ball back for the SECOND TIME in OT, only needed to fair catch and let our offense go back to work. it was RAINING, and any turnover at that point was ball game. was not worth the risk at that point. when he did it in regulation, we were actually trailing. giants punt returners were falling the fuck down mega fast.

>b/c the rhetoric i'm getting about this niner loss from SOME
>niner fans here is...
>
>
>1) 2 dumb fumbles
the first wasn't really a fumble, it was a dumb ass punt return cause he didn't clear the fuck out away from the ball. it shouldn't have even been a CONSIDERATION that the ball could hit him.

>2) early forward progress call
yes i shall call bullshit on that, esp since your biggest play over the past 20 years centered around a similar play where your quarterback threw it at dudes helmet for a monumental first down. BUT I'm not hanging my hat on that one, my ire is for he whose name I won't mention who directly produced 10 giants points and our refusal to run gore on first down.

>3) Giants lucky
nah

>4) Bad playcalling
Gore not running on first down

>5) Giants lucky
again nah. while i can understand how some call the giants lucky, i don't agree it was their LUCK that had anything to do with it. two stupid as FUCK special teams plays, i mean is it their fault they get ten points from getting the ball on the 30 and closer twice? i'm not mad at the giants. i DO think the bradshaw fumble was quick fast, but my position is that if we run gore on first down ball game, or if that idiot doesn't make two turnovers on special teams, ball game. but i'm not going to sit here and say the giants are undeserving.
>
>