Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectI went into this thinking the 9ers would win 6 or 7 if they played 10 times
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=90127&mesg_id=90663
90663, I went into this thinking the 9ers would win 6 or 7 if they played 10 times
Posted by OldPro, Mon Jan-23-12 02:13 PM
...at the stick

I left that game KNOWING they would win 8 or 9 times... No the Giants are not the better team. No way no how can I believe that even when i strip away the bitterness over losing a game like that. In fact it's the losing to a team you know you're better than and seeing them get "lucky" that makes it so bad

I totally understand Doc's Eli agenda know... when I got home from the game last night and turned on NFL Network and saw they were raving about Eli in this game... making it sound like he somehow saved the day... we'll let's just say that's not the game I sat and watched. Did he make some nice throws... yeah but he dude was real sloppy with the ball and was just flat out lucky he didn't have 2 or 3 picks. We actually called it early in the 3rd when we saw how dude was starting to throw off his back foot... our whole section was waiting for that big turner. Eli should thank Goldson for taking at least two away. But without the turnovers I'm not sure the Giants get more than a FG in the second half... Eli and the Giants weren't going anywhere in the second half up until those two punts.

As I expected the Giants couldn't run worth shit on us and we could... why we went away from it in the second half I'll never know.. And our receivers... smh. I'll be the first to admit Alex threw some of those old feet balls we used to see but most of those were 3-7 yard passes... down the field anyone not named Vernon couldn't get open. It was pathetic actually.. but I'll address this more in the 9er off-season post.

Bottom line is we had 5 or 6 plays that had even one went the 9ers way would have sent them to the super bowl... This despite a sputtering offense and multiple Eli fun balls somehow finding the turf.

So congrats Giant fan... sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Just don't expect lightening to strike twice when you visit the stick next year.

http://reunionradio.blogspot.com/