Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThis game was lost for two reasons
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=90127&mesg_id=90653
90653, This game was lost for two reasons
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Jan-23-12 12:26 AM
1) Atrocious offensive playcalling

2) He whose name I can't even speak right now

Frank Gore was CUTTIN in them motherfuckas. Makes no sense why in the second half so few drives started with a run. the last one they DID do that, vernon caught his second TD. any of the host of other drives did not, inexplicably, when the Giants were NOT stuffing the run. plus it runs clock, sets up the pass, keeps the Giants D on the field, etc etc etc. All those third downs that aren't converted don't happen if the offense doesn't face such difficult situations.

I don't need to speak on the name I shall not say, all I know is that there needs to be a roster cut.

This hurts more than any other 49er loss I can recall experiencing.
More than 1990 because I was only 12 and not yet locked in, and didn't realize what would transpire with the franchise after.
More than 1992-1993 because I can honestly acknowledge that those two Dallas teams were better.

But to have a game where someone could NOT punch you out, and did NOT score in the entire second half except for the niggerishness of a motherfucking motherfucker. With an ass in the head offensive philosophy that places undue pressure on the team and leaves time on the clock. Wasting hands down the best defense the league has seen since the Ravens in 2000.
With uncertainty about how much longer the core of that D will be together. You can never guarantee getting back, so missing this golden opportunity is painful.

Motherfuck motherfuck motherfuck. I'll probably watch the super bowl, but I won't be able to lock in, knowing that we should goddamn well be there and would beat those fucking Patriots.