Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectthis is a tough call...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=90127&mesg_id=90135
90135, this is a tough call...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-22-12 11:48 AM
..i'll be the 1st to admit that i doubted the 49ers this year

not that i didn't respect their potential, but i certainly didn't see them reaching the nfc championship game. they have a solid, balanced attack on offense and an eager, hungry defense.

at the same time, the giants are a very dangerous team. while they certainly have their share of mental lapses, they have the framework to battle the best. while i didn't think they would get past green bay, i stated more than once that the giants had the personnel to get the job done. they few unknowns were the same as always:

qb
def against the run

last week, new york still had issues against the run, but made key plays @ crucial junctions that turned the tide in their favor. still, the most remarkable feat of that game was the protection of eli manning. i don't think i've ever seen a better performance by that offensive line.

somehow, i don't think jim harbaugh and the 49ers will allow them to repeat that performance and i expect this game to come down to the turn over ratio.

..and miles to go before i sleep...