Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectWay to move the goal posts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=88757&mesg_id=88859
88859, Way to move the goal posts
Posted by brown sugar, Sat May-12-12 05:09 PM
This whole "argument" (I feel dirty even calling it that because it's been a one-sided drubbing) began with someone comparing "retarded" to "faggot" which is a silly comparison in my opinion and one that robs the special vitriol and hate that has become intertwined with the f-word. Its parallel to someone dropping the n-word and someone casually responding that using "retarded" is just as bigoted.

Yeah anyone can dumb an argument down/ oversimplify an argument like you did, but that misses the entire point of the discussion. I guess this isn't the forum for debating complex issues because, as you just demonstrated, everything gets distilled to "u mad."

*shrug*.

Sure ok, take your kantian flow chart of good words and bad words -- we can only hope the rest of society follows suit.

I think it's pretty clear what happened here. You didn't read what I wrote, jumped the gun, made some gross generalizations, got called out on it, and had to resort to petty argumentation and the usual "u mad" defense mechanism.

I'm sorry you weren't sharp enough to catch the intent (or non-intent) of my earlier post. Maybe next time I'll put (joke) after to make it easier for you.

The offer still stands if you want me to spell it out for you further via PM, but I'm done here.