Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectRE: My Observations Panthers At Skins
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87888
87888, RE: My Observations Panthers At Skins
Posted by smutsboy, Mon Nov-05-12 11:25 AM
1. Agree. The seam route on the pistol zone read was a pretty simple play and was only going to survive as a primary passing play for so long. It will be effective again if the passing game can get something else going to complement it.

2. Agree. Kyle called a pretty bad game. Going for it on 4th and goal wasn't a mistake. The mistake was a screen pass to BRANDON 80-lbs BANKS in the red zone/goal line (really Kyle? really?) and then calling a QB sweep on 4th with no option to pass.

3. OL was terrible, especially Polumbus.

4. Royster, yup.

5. Sucks about Hank. That was a third round draft pick that the team really needed to pan out. He should be the serviceable 2nd WR. But he's not. He's basically nothing.

6. I'm mad at Josh Morgan's contract, not the player.

7. I thought the defense was the same old: can't really stop anyone. Half the time they forced a punt the Panthers took bad penalties, dropped passes, or Cam missed the WR by 8 feet.

8. I really thought Josh Wilson was solid, but I've seen him get beat too often for it to be true.

9. A year ago I liked having Brandon Banks around, but he has now shown that he's not really capable of playing in the NFL. He has no prayer of breaking a tackle or ever falling forward. So that means whenever you give him the ball, you're assuming the play will work if he doesn't get touched. That's a bit of a stretch for an NFL player.

10. Shanny is currently .341 in two and a half seasons. When will Snyder put him on the hot seat? Who knows. I can't remember the last time Snyder made a good football decision besides firing Vinny Cerrato 10 years too late.

11. Kerrigan is disappointing. He's making no difference whatsoever. That's not good enough for a first round pick.

12. Not by a long shot. No depth. Don't have 22 solid starters. Don't have enough "difference makers" or "elite players" or whatever euphemism one prefers.