Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMy Thoughts on Skins vs Steelers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87867
87867, My Thoughts on Skins vs Steelers
Posted by Dae021, Mon Oct-29-12 09:59 AM
- The most alarming thing amongst all the drops, the penalties, and the loss was the lack of energy. The Steelers came out and were physical the entire game, only Alfred Morris, London, and Perry Riley matched their physicality. Everyone else folded. That's incredibly unsettling to see. To watch your team get absolutely pucnhed in the mouth and do nothing about it. Ryan clark took a shot at your qb and NO ONE took offense to go beat the snot outta the fool. I don't give a shit if its' a bad play call or what, this dude took a shot at your qb and you let it happen. Everyone sees it and will be acting accordingly.

- Not many will see this, but the corners were getting cut and manhandled all game. No one called it, as its Pittsburgh and the refs aren't going to make that call plain and simple. So you've got to find a way to either play through it or be physical back. The Steelers pride themselves on being phyical, so you know going in, its going to be a battle gotta find a way to get physical back. Deangelo was frustrated, he was tired of the way the wrs were playing and he reacted. Not well or within the confines of the game, but he reacted. No excuse but he did it to himself. He's been having a decent year, but his technique isnt' good enough to try and shut people down in the slot, so they moved him outside where he's getting toasted on in routes and he's getting older. His speed is failing him. Its pretty incredible to see a guy who used to be hailed and praised for his physical tools, now just get outrun. He can't keep up with those speedsters anymore, really no one on our roster can. Josh wilson included.

- RG can't do it alone, he's putting the ball in your hands you have to catch it. Hankerson was scared, i'll just say that. He looked scared across the middle, scared on the sidelines just plain old scared. I think this experiment may be ending soon for him. Josh Morgan, he's goin to have to step up. We paid you, brought you in and you're not giving me much of anything. Desmond Briscoe should've never gotten the chance to drop that touchdown, because if shit was going how it was supposed to, That would've been Morgan.

- RG & Alfred ya'll good in my book.

- Offensive line, they're going to have to develop a meanstreak
they're getting punked, and i'm tired of watching Griff pick himself up off the ground. TIRED of it.

- The blocked extra point what on Forbath, he kicked it low and it got blocked, He's been great on fgs though, so i'm ok with that.

- There are no easy games in this league so they're going to have to figure some shit out.