Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMy Thoughts before we face the Giants
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87835
87835, My Thoughts before we face the Giants
Posted by Dae021, Wed Oct-17-12 08:12 AM
- I know we love our Qb but lets temper some of this talk, the dude is in his 6th game. He's not exactly lighting the world on fire passing. He's efficient and not turning the ball over much. These are incredible things to talk about and I love that he's mindful of it. Lets not put him on the Mount rushmore of qb's just yet. Exciting player and really fun to watch, great leader and has a future as bright as any qb that's played in the last 5-10 years. Lets remember we're still 29th in the league with 54% 3rd down conversion rate. That's not good folks and that's why we're a 500 team.

- Our Defense is still not good, we're masking with changing schemes almost on every snap, different groupings and lots of smoke and mirrors. It's worked quite effectively. I mean it really has no choice, since we're not getting Rak and Car back for the rest of the season. I was really upset with the schemes they were running at the start of the season, but Haslett and Co are calling great in game defensive adjustments. Allowing the Vikes to run up and down the field but not score Td's was the real hero of the game. Griff did his thing, but that defense stopped them 3 times in a row early in the game that might've turned it to a blowout. 21-0 is REALLY different than 9-0. That's a nod to Has and the D.

- While we talking about D. We must acknowledge the work of Lorenzo Alexander. Who's been our ST captain and swiss army knife. This dude played his best game in maybe 5 years. Still a special team stalwart, but 3 tackles behind the line, a sack and some great run support. Alongside Fletch, and Perry Zo got loose and I'm glad that we have such a player on our team. Those are the players that allow you to win games you're not supposed to be in. The roster isn't there yet, but it's taking a turn in the right direction.

- I said it earlier and I say it again, I'm so glad we still have Moss. His intermediate and short routes from the Slot are a thing of beauty. He's been working hard and its been rubbing off on the other receivers. He's been doing work and its showing. Even without our best player (Garcon) they're still productive.

- Speaking of our receivers the thing that i've loved this season is our receivers downfield blocking. Josh morgan was a goat a few weeks ago, but if anyone is paying attention they'll see these dudes are working hard downfield and playing hard on the edges. This is a team of workers and character, they may not win a lot of games this season, but they're building a great foundation to go forward with.

- I honestly don't think we'll beat the Giants as Eli is playing at a great level and they're running the ball incredibly well which isnt' something that we're stopping very well. We're doing a decent job upfront, but if a team is committed to running they'll run on us. Most teams think we're so weak in pass defense they just abandon the run.

- Keep Feeding Alfred Morris, he'll keep that G-men front from trying to blast Griff out of his socks, which of course they're going to be doing. Gotta establish a run, and if we do then those called runs can do work on long down and distance. We have a shot, but I don't think we'll be able to stop Eli or bring enough pressure to really get him off of his game.