Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectThey need to stop this Madden-esque offense.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87785
87785, They need to stop this Madden-esque offense.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Mon Sep-24-12 11:40 AM
Like okay, we know you have a new toy that you want to play with (RGIII), but these designed runs and options are gonna get him killed.

I'm I'm the opposing DC, I tell my guys to not even pay attention to the pitch on the option plays. Just hit RGIII. He's 75% of the Skins offense. The more hits on him, the better. He's still a rookie. I don't care if the option back has 15yds of real estate in front of him. You get a chance to hit RGIII with momentum, you do it.

Have the boy drop back, and start investing some plays in Hankerson and Robinson deep. You don't have Garcon, and no telling when you will, but that's no excuse for this conservative playcalling. Davis hasn't had his number called enough in the first three games either.

He's a proven receiving threat, so use him. It's time for KS to make everyone else step up and stop pushing RGIII to the limits until he's ragdolled early in the season.

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
-George Clinton