Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMy Thoughts on Week 2 vs the Rams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87756
87756, My Thoughts on Week 2 vs the Rams
Posted by Dae021, Mon Sep-17-12 01:59 PM
- I'm not sure what Haslett saw on tape that he decided he was gonna go zone, because Danny Amendola had a career day with 15 catches for like 150 yards. Sam Bradford was getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds basically eliminating all talk of our pass rush. Did Orakpo being hurt, really hurt our defensive scheme that much? We looked completely overmatched and outschemed, like Fisher watched our tape and basically had our entire gameplan ready to roll. In the years past we've always complained that if our O could score just 24 points a game we'd be straight, well we're averaging 34 a game and lost to a team that we shouldn't have lost to. Haslett better watch out, with the front 7 he's been given if he doesn't perform this year, they might call Radio and replace his ass.

- Can we acknowledge that for all of his short comings DeAngelo Hall has been playing some good ball. He's been tackling MUCH better, and his slot coverage has been quite decent. I know he's a whipping boy around here, but Hall has been playing some good ball through 2 weeks.

- Run game was good on the edges, until St. Louis adjusted which is what we used against them on the playaction. I think Morris is the best choice we have and like what he's given us in burst, in strength and one cut. Helu and Royster really have lost their job at this point. Morris by far the best runner on the squad right now.

- The offensive scheme was decent, the playcalling wasn't as consistent as I would've liked but for the most part Kyle did another really good job of calling the game. In game adjustments to stop the Rams from just coming after RG, the run game to the edges, and finding ways to get Fred the ball in the middle of the field. I'm actually quite pleased with Kyle. They were literally one perfectly placed pass to Aldrick Robinson drop away from winning the game.

- I know that everyone is going to point at Josh Morgan for his bone headed ass move throwing the ball at Courtland Finnegan, but honestly he fucked up before the throwing the ball at Finnegan. Morgan had the first down when he caught the ball, but as he does REGULARLY goes back downfield to try and come back upfield. He has to know his down and distance and game situation. He didn't so he fucked around and lost the first down and then the rest is history.

- RGIII had a really good game. I'm incredibly pleased with his poise and decision making. He had some bad throws, he had 1 pick that Courtland Finnegan one handed going the opposite direction, the other 3 that were dropped were much easier and probably worse throws. This was the first time I saw him a bit rattled in the pocket, but he did well when it counted. His long passes were REALLY accurate which was a point for concern in the preseason. Through two games he's a really good qb and I look forward to watching him for years to come.

- Young Danny Smith better be on watch, because two punts blocked in two weeks, that's completely inexcusable. Teams are going to be coming at Sav ALL year, so unless Danny got that good fake set to cook he's about to be done. Plus he's going to get one of the best punters in the league hurt. I saw the twist the Rams ran yesterday and it was good. So unless Danny fitting to run that college 5 men in front of the punter then he better get his shit tighter.

- Oh and Hankerson almost dropped that perfectly thrown ball from RG

- If Haslett and them think that this defense will work against Dalton nd AJ Green they are about to get toasted for 2 hunnid and 3 tds next week.