Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMy Observations Against the Saints
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87736
87736, My Observations Against the Saints
Posted by Dae021, Mon Sep-10-12 11:05 AM
- Griff looked great, he looked poised, he looked ready. He took way too many shots for my liking, but he's a man and he's ready to do what's necessary to lead this team. I saw him get a first down and slide immediately. he understand his importance to this team and franchise. I'm a really big fan of this kid.

- I can't say this enough, Kyle Shannahan and Pops came in with a great game plan and called the game to Griff's strengths. That bodes well goinh forward. The first series of all screens was a great tempo maker. I loved the zone reads they're running. I will say to get rid of the straight option though. you're going to get the kid killed. but really great game Kyle (ya'll know how much that hurt me to type)

- The wr's did a great job. Obviously Garcon, but that's why he's getting paid, i'm talking Aldrick Robinson, and Santanna accepting a reduced role. Guys getting opportunities and making the most of it. With this group I think we'll be ok, if they can grow with Griff I think we can get some good production.

- Offensive line did their jobs, not great, but not poor didnt' let Griff get killed I'll take it.

- Defensive Front 7 was good, stayed in Brees face all day, didn't allow him to get comfortable at all. He was only able to set his feet a few times consistently. That's the mark of a line getting some really good push. Jarvis Jenkins is going to make a difference this year. Kerripo put pressure on from the ends all day. I like it.

- The DB's did a MUCH better job than most will want to give them credit for. They played a great game of man to man and stayed with the saints receivers all day, even the TD that Jimmy Graham had, London was in great positon with safety help over the top that just missed knocking the ball away. I'll take it. Madieu isn't great, but he did alright, Josh Wilson was balling, his man to man was great. Cedrick Griffin came in and played well. its only one week, but for one week i'll take it.

- I hope next week we don't get a let down like we've done the past 2 times we've played the rams. I need that defense to be Sam Bradford's face ALL day, and fuck him up. I want Griff moving the pocket and staying poise. After such a huge debut I worry that Griff will have a deflating 2nd showig, but hope that doesn't happen.

I want that game to thoroughly uninteresting by 5:15 and the skins to mash the Rams out in their own dome.