Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectBob3 > another year of the Shanaclan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653&mesg_id=87664
87664, Bob3 > another year of the Shanaclan
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Aug-10-12 12:44 PM
Getting Bob is probably one of the few things that could've kept me really interested in another season of Coach/Pres Shanahan. (how many double digit loss seasons is it going to be?)

I'm really excited for one of the best QB prospects of the past 15 years. However the plan only works if you draft well in the late rounds to make up for the lost draft picks.

*crickets*

Anyway...

OL: Would help immensley if Trent Williams takes a big step forward this year. Licht being injured hurts, he was playing well last year. Will Montgomery and Chester whatshisname are both replacement level. RT is a huge problem.

WR: Overpaid for Garcon & Morgan but this should be a decent/average group and Garcon is pretty good (though not a WR1). Really rooting for Hankerson and I'm glad we kept Moss. Like the veteran presence.

RB: I'm hugely biased for Helu. I think he's got real potential. Durability is a concern and he needs to learn pass blocking but I think he could be a star. Hightower is a good blocker, that's it. Royster is a good depth guy.

TE: Davis is good if he can keep out of court for more than 6 months. I'd keep Cooley if he's at all healthy.

Defense...

Front 7: Maybe the best unit on the team. DL depth is good. Jarvis is playing this year. MLBs are great as long as London continues to defy age. Riley looks like a good young player. Kerrakpo might be the best OLB combo in the NFL.

Secondary: biggest weakness on the team but that's ok. I'm glad they focused on offense and other areas. If Merriweather stops sucking that would be huge. Josh Wilson & D Hall are ok, not the worst CBs in the league, but not the best either.

Coaches:

Definition of mediocrity. Haslett almost never coaches an elite defense, and Shanahan hasn't shown much in two years of picking players or coaching. I have no loyalty or high hopes towards them.

As with last year, I care less about record than I do about development, especially with a franchise QB to develop.

Unless RGIII has an all-time great year like Cam did and we go to the playoffs. But I'm not holding my breath.

So...

In Bob (and Trent and London) and Late Round Draft Picks We Trust.