Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectFiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Connecticut
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86858
86858, Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Connecticut
Posted by will_5198, Tue Jan-04-11 09:59 PM
RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma (6'1, 214) -- He takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to change direction. He can't make evasive cuts without losing a ton of speed, and that's a problem. On the positive side, he's a great receiver and runs really well if there's nobody in front of him. Plus he made it through the season in one piece!

WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma (5'11, 183) -- Love him in the slot, but his draft status will likely be capped because of that -- there's just too many bigger, more dynamic receivers available. His hands and adjustments to passes are ridiculous, although surprisingly, he could improve his route-running. He's not always decisive out of his breaks, and will have problems getting NFL separation since he lacks elite speed.

OLB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma (6'2, 232) -- Weirdly, I think he's become better against the run than the pass. His zone discipline is fine, but there's some jerkiness and false steps in man coverage. Smooth player (although not a superior athlete) and tackling machine. A lot of outside linebacker prospects have issues this year -- he could end up eclipsing most, if not all of them.

S Quinton Carter, Oklahoma (6'1, 195) -- I can't believe how high some people are projecting this guy. Top 75 overall? Are we watching the same player? Amassed a lot of tackles, but his actual form is poor (ducks and hits, doesn't wrap up). Takes bad angles to faster ball-carriers, both in run support and coverage. Nebraska, who can't pass worth a shit (neither can UConn), *specifically* targeted him on two of their biggest throws in the Big XII Championship. He's a mid to late rounder to me.