Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectOutback Bowl: Penn State vs. Florida
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86855
86855, Outback Bowl: Penn State vs. Florida
Posted by will_5198, Tue Jan-04-11 09:53 PM
C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State (6'3, 306) -- He was moved back to guard this season, but the NFL seems to prefer him at center. Technique-driven blocker with a nasty, "I'm gonna fuck you up" accent to his game. Not enormously big, and that could give him some trouble against NFL-sized tackles. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first center taken.

OG Mike Pouncey, Florida (6'4, 310) -- In comparison to Wisniewski, he was moved to center but the NFL prefers him back at guard. He looked pretty damn good himself; well-built for his size and was good to dominant in the run and pass games. He's also a weapon at the second level -- unlike other linemen who become slow-moving obstacles, he can actually target and drive on a defender. Probably won't rate as high as his very intimate brother, but a definite NFL starter.

OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida (6'6, 318) -- Back at right tackle, his previous position (for Tebow's left-handedness). I don't think a ton of him either way: He's not the battering ram you'd want on a NFL right side, and on the left side, he still has issues with balance, strength and quickness. It might be unfair to read body language, but he does seem apathetic at times. Worth a two-deep spot because of his size, in the hope he can eventually harness it.