Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectSun Bowl: Miami-FL vs. Notre Dame
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86850
86850, Sun Bowl: Miami-FL vs. Notre Dame
Posted by will_5198, Sun Jan-02-11 03:05 PM
DL Allen Bailey, Miami-FL (6'4, 285) -- He's still pretty raw. Do you leave him on the edge in a 4-3, where he's a one-dimensional pass rusher? Move him inside as an under tackle, even though he'll need to add weight and hasn't shown consistent hand technique? Or make him a run stopping 3-4 end? I'm leaning towards the last option, since he plays with solid leverage, but then again, a lot of 3-4 fronts don't play two gaps with their ends (and he struggles to get off blocks).

CB Brandon Harris, Miami-FL (5'11, 195) -- There will be a good battle for the third cornerback ranking in this draft, after Peterson and Amukamara, and this game didn’t help him (should he declare). He had problems with footwork -- slipping on the turf, sloppy backpedals -- and got straight-up beat by Floyd a few times. I'm not sure he's talented enough to be a number one corner in the NFL, so maybe this spurs him to come back and refine his game.

WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame (6'3, 227) -- My favorite receiver coming into this season, he's had some issues with quarterback play and his own inconsistency. For a guy with such strong hands and ball skills, his receiving has been an adventure -- drops, bad adjustments, and even some easy passes have led to double clutches. You overlook that when he pulls one down in double coverage, but the best receivers in this draft can do that too.

He's still prototypically sized, has the speed, is fluid in open space, and I give him credit for squeezing out over 1,000 yards and double-digit touchdowns with Notre Dame's personnel issues. Assuming a logjam of receivers after Green, he could slide enough to be an amazing steal.