Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectMusic City Bowl: Tennessee vs. UNC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86848
86848, Music City Bowl: Tennessee vs. UNC
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-31-10 02:00 PM
TE Luke Stocker, Tennessee (6'6, 253) -- He looks like he could walk on a NFL field tomorrow, but rarely played up to his physical image. You can put a significant blame on Tennessee's offenses, which didn’t feature tight ends much, but I think he could've done more himself. Like not let a pass bounce off his chest and get intercepted in the bowl game. But that's just me. I'm sure whatever team drafts him will get a better pro than he was a collegian.

WR Denarius Moore, Tennessee (6'1, 194) -- Primarily a deep threat, he's a one-speed player who adjusts to the ball well. His hands aren't exceptional, they're not a weakness, they're just good enough. Went on a rampage after Tennessee switched quarterbacks, going from a UFA to probably the later rounds.

DT Quinton Coples, UNC (6'6, 275) -- He's quick enough to play on the edge of a NFL line, or could just add weight (great frame) and stay inside. Plays compact, a great thing to witness for a tall guy, and refuses to be moved in the running game. His pass rush repertoire is somewhat limited, but he still ended up with 10 sacks using straight-up power. While a UNC d-line that included Robert Quinn and Marvin Austin would've been scary to watch, I think their absence helped Coples' game grow. He was forced to take on the bulk of double teams and still thrived.

ILB Quan Sturdivant, UNC (6'2, 230) -- Looks like an All-American between the tackles. Doesn't slide as well as you'd like, and his effectiveness wanes outside the hashes. He's improved in pass coverage, but still has that panicked look where he might commit pass interference as soon as the ball is thrown his direction. Not a banner year for inside 'backers; he’ll likely be among the first selected.