Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectAlamo Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86845
86845, Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-31-10 01:57 PM
QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State (6'4, 219) -- Speculation is that he'll enter the draft. He's losing his offensive coordinator, possibly his number one receiver, and is already 27 due to baseball. I don't think his age is a crippling detriment, as it's not like he'd be picked to anchor a franchise. He'd be a developmental guy -- Tony Romo didn't play until he was 25, and there are several 28 to 30-year-olds who've stayed on as back-ups and second chance starters.

As for his actual talent, I like how he handles himself in the pocket: smooth drops, quick and consistent release, accurate, no hurriedness. And he throws one of the best deep balls I've seen all year.

WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State (6'1, 207) -- There's still holes in his game, most notably the Julio Jones-esque drops. He looks more "pads fast" than "timed fast" -- watch him pull away for last second separation on deep routes -- but that might hurt him a little during NFL testing. Still physical as hell and will bludgeon smaller corners for jump balls. Which brings me to his most equitable NFL comparison: Anquan Boldin.