Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectTexas Bowl: Baylor vs. Illinois
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86844
86844, Texas Bowl: Baylor vs. Illinois
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-31-10 01:55 PM
RB Mikel LeShoure, Illinois (6'1, 230) -- Really went on a tear to close the season (183 yards per game, 11 TD in the final five contests), but I'd say that had a lot more to do with his shitty competition. Big, sturdily built back with quick feet. Looks fantastic when he cuts once and gets downhill, not so much when he wants to dance around people. Possesses some receiving ability, although I was surprised he doesn't break more lower body tackles. For those who want to compare him to Mendenhall, I really don't see the same kind of athleticism, burst, or long speed that the current Steeler has.

DT Corey Liuget, Illinois (6'3, 300) -- Hasn't been talked about much despite some monster games this season, including a standout performance against Ohio State. He can *really* fuck up a run play, using great leverage and long arms that double as clubs. Holds his gap well and is an unstopping, developing pass rusher. Might have a decision to make as a junior, but he could really make a name for himself for 2012 if he stays.