Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectEastern Washington vs. Villanova
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86833
86833, Eastern Washington vs. Villanova
Posted by will_5198, Sat Dec-18-10 11:49 AM
OT Benjamin Ijalana, Villanova (6'4, 320) -- A lot of people love him at guard, but I think he should be given a chance to stay at tackle first. He has good drops in pass protection, long arms and picks up stunts well. I'd say his run-blocking is average -- he blocks like a tackle, not a blow-off-the-ball guard -- so I'm not sure moving inside would be an instant success. One trouble that stood out was when linemen faked a first move; he'd often freeze and couldn't slide his feet well enough to recover.

WR Matt Szczur, Villanova (5'11, 205) -- Very quiet game after tearing up Appalachian State the week before. Took a lot of direct snaps and showed OK running ability; tough, and made some people miss, but lacked standout acceleration or agility. Not heavily involved in the passing game and missed most of the second half with a concussion. End of the bench receiver who will need a great combine to be taken before round seven.