Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectNevada vs. Boise State
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86822
86822, Nevada vs. Boise State
Posted by will_5198, Tue Nov-30-10 07:17 PM
QB Kellen Moore, Boise State (6’0, 190) -- A homeless man's Drew Brees. I've always admired the way he's mastered that system and his accuracy is extremely impressive. The big flaw is his arm strength, which actually looked improved in this game -- he threw a 30-yard dart to Pettis between three defenders, along with a few decent deep passes to Young. He's not getting any bigger though, and he's also left-handed, which could cause some minor issues if your right tackle is a statue. He won't declare until he’s eligibility is up, and will probably be no more than a late rounder or priority free agent.

WR Titus Young, Boise State (5'11, 170) -- He's got an extra gear that Pettis lacks. What kills him is the slender build, which is not starter-quality. His hands were inconsistent -- he caught two beautiful deep passes, and let two more go straight through his hands. His draft chances will depend on how fast he can time.

DT Billy Winn, Boise State (6'4, 288) -- This guy has jumped out at me during Boise games this year. When he's on, he's very hard to move out of running lanes, necessitates double teams on every snap and bulls his way into the backfield consistently. Nevada wasn't one of his better games, however. He disappeared for long stretches and was neutralized on passing plays. He still gets a lot of double teams on runs and is a pain in the ass to wall off, so there's some potential here if he keeps on improving.

S Jeron Johnson, Boise State (5'10, 195) -- Undersized for the position and possibly lacks the cover speed necessary as well. Played shallow for most of the game...reminds me of how Rutgers uses Joe Lefeged (another smaller safety). I'm assuming he's a decent tackler, because he looked bad on the reverse and a few Kaepernick runs. Likely a special teamer / back-up.