Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectTexas vs. Texas A&M
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86806
86806, Texas vs. Texas A&M
Posted by will_5198, Sat Nov-27-10 03:56 PM
CB Aaron Williams, Texas (6'1, 195) -- I really want to overlook some of his flaws because he's a potentially great prospect, but the way he defended two long throws were unexplainable. The first, he did a full body leap 10 yards before the ball was even catchable. The second, he stopped dead in his tracks and the receiver ran by him -- he just dropped it. Can this guy track deep passes? That's you know, kind of important in the NFL.

WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M (6'4, 215) -- Nothing changed about my previous opinion: dominates 50/50 jump balls, has great body control for his size, and his separation ability is seriously in question. Both of Texas' top corners were draped on his hip all night, and the one touchdown he caught was against a safety at the goal-line (A question of strategy reserved for lifetime coordinator Will Muschamp).

OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M (6'3, 240) -- The best edge rusher in the nation. Now, there are several defensive ends that I'd take over him and that doesn't make him the best outside linebacker (although in this year's mediocre group, he might very well be). Just as a pass rusher though, his phenomenal first step (it's like he's the only one with a turbo button) and surprising strength (he can walk back 300-pound tackles) make him almost unblockable. Watch him on inside stunts -- he's so fast he literally runs through a double-team block by the guard and center!

Sure, he's only a serviceable run defender and the Aggies' coaching staff protects his snap count. But his ability to pressure quarterbacks is what defensive coordinators dream about.