Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectCal vs. Stanford
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86804
86804, Cal vs. Stanford
Posted by will_5198, Mon Nov-22-10 08:21 PM
RB Shane Vereen, Cal (5'10, 204) -- He's not exactly thin, but also not as stocky as I remember him from last season. This is relevant because he's not a big tackle-breaker. His pass protection is a bit soft as well; he doesn't have a strong base and gets pushed back into the pocket. Otherwise he's a quick, darting runner who runs low and gets hidden yards. Decent to good receiver -- the numbers look solid but I thought he gave up on some routes against Stanford.

DE Cameron Jordan, Cal (6'4, 283) -- Athleticism and work rate are pluses. Hard to move in the run game; at worst he holds his ground and can dominate on stretch runs to his side. Attacks linemen with a variety of pass rush techniques but doesn't use his long arms as well as he could. Wastes time disengaging blocks (I'd like to see a stronger rip move) and gets stuck in no man's land when he doesn't beat his man off his first move. Although a step below the elite defensive ends in this class, he's still an excellent fit for teams with 3-4 defenses.