Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectIowa vs. Ohio State
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86802
86802, Iowa vs. Ohio State
Posted by will_5198, Mon Nov-22-10 07:19 PM
DL Christian Ballard, Iowa (6'4, 298) -- Some are listing him above Clayborn now. I'm not sure about that, but he gave Ohio State's Shugarts all he could handle. He runs very well for a lineman his size and has an excellent combination of power and speed. Though he lined up at tackle and end, I think he's a bit more disruptive on the outside (contrary to what's written above...I got him confused with Binns for half the Arizona game).

OT Mike Adams, Ohio State (6'8, 300) -- He had serious problems with Clayborn's lateral quickness, getting juked out of position on several pass rushes. Straight ahead run blocking, he was good -- leverage and pad level is improving -- but outside plays exposed his footwork against a faster Clayborn. Still a work in progress.

WR Dane Sanzebacher, Ohio State (5'11, 182) -- While Posey outdoes himself with new low points in big games, this guy has been a pleasant surprise to me. He dropped one himself in this game, but I've seen him routinely snare tough throws from his not-so-accurate quarterback. He's short and skinny, however, and probably won't time fast enough to be more than a late round flier.

OLB Ross Homan, Ohio State (6'0, 227) -- He has trouble in traffic. Double-occupies run gaps and doesn't have great closing speed from sideline to sideline. Also a bit unsure in pass coverage; his steps are choppy and he can get in a panic when attacked vertically by tight ends and backs.

ILB Brian Rolle, Ohio State (5'10, 218) -- I love how this kid plays. Super instinctive, excellent pass drops, solid tackler, and he has this sort of reverse Jacquizz Rodgers deal where he hides behind his defensive linemen and sneaks into the running lane. He's a pain for linemen to target and sheds blocks pretty well. It's too bad he's tiny for a middle backer.