Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectUtah vs. TCU
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86781
86781, Utah vs. TCU
Posted by will_5198, Sun Nov-07-10 12:37 PM
CB Brandon Burton, Utah (6'0, 185) -- The 93-yard touchdown he gave up was one of the worst plays of the day (which is saying something for Utah). He'd been pretty nonchalant in coverage the series before that, and the TCU coaches picked him out with a little out and up route. He got caught staring into the backfield, flat-footed, couldn't make the tackle after the catch, and some 50 yards later the game was pretty much over.

WR Jeremy Kerley, TCU (5'10, 190) -- Fun to watch slot receiver-type. Catches the ball cleanly (did fail to bring in a lateral), mostly on quick-hitting screens and short routes. Quality burst and quick change of direction -- basically he can make defenders miss. Undersized and not a physical presence, but I’d take a look at him to fill in that fourth or fifth spot on a receiving corps, especially since he can return kicks. Hell, he can even be an emergency game day quarterback.

OG Marcus Cannon, TCU (6'6, 352) -- Plays left tackle, but projects as a guard (like seemingly every college tackle). He's got the body of a massive snowman and lacks power in his arms, which would seem to be a problem when he moves inside and has to anchor against defensive tackles.

DE/LB Wayne Daniels, TCU (6'2, 255) -- A monster in this game. Burned Utah with his speed, then walked back offensive linemen with a straight power rush. Great hand use and punched away double teams. Just as fast with his hand down or standing up, and he played the run better than you'd think.

CB Jason Teague, TCU (6'2, 201) -- I'm indifferent on this guy; he was glued to his receiver on most plays but doesn't have elite anticipation or ball skills. He's relatively skinny (I call it the "Madden 2004 player model look" -- disproportionate head to body ratio) and not a big presence on run defense either.