Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectIllinois vs. Purdue
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86776
86776, Illinois vs. Purdue
Posted by will_5198, Fri Nov-05-10 10:08 AM
ILB Martez Wilson, Illinois (6'4, 250) -- Plays the middle for Illinois but lacks the requisite instincts. Doesn't play fast in space (yet has a decent backpedal), diagnoses plays slowly and late in pursuit. You know when he looks like a NFL player though? When he puts his hand down and rushes off the edge. I'm thinking 3-4 linebacker would be a much better fit for him.

DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue (6'4, 263) -- Quite versatile: he holds the point well against the run, was used as a roaming, stand-up rusher, and even slid inside for a few plays at tackle (that last part won't happen in the NFL). He's got short arms and can get tied up, but does well using the threat of speed to set up a power rush. While not a freak athlete, I can see him moving up the board if he times fast. Bonus points for giving the same effort even as the score escalated beyond control.

OT Jeff Allen, Illinois (6'5, 305) -- Had some good battles against Kerrigan. Surprisingly solid in pass protection, with a smooth drop step (although he got away with a couple holds). Switched from right to left for most of the game, which I'm not a big fan of for tackles. Really struggles to lock onto linebackers on runs and screens -- serious shadow blocking going on at the second level.