Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports Archives
Topic subjectNebraska vs. Missouri
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86680&mesg_id=86770
86770, Nebraska vs. Missouri
Posted by will_5198, Sun Oct-31-10 07:50 PM
CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska (6'1, 200) -- He's going to get called for illegal contact *so* much in the NFL. Soft backpedal and waits for receivers to commit to a route, then bumps / grabs them to knock off the timing and let him reposition. It's how Nebraska coaches them (pattern-reading), but he should've gotten beat on a double move by Jackson (late throw) and did get beat for a touchdown by Moe (actually great coverage, just a perfect throw). Also dropped a pick-six.

I'm not going out of my way to down him -- his recovery speed is very impressive and I like him much more in straight-up, press-man -- just being extra critical because of how high he's projected.

QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri (6'5, 235) -- For fuck's sake, his lack of pocket feel was driving me crazy! It’s great that he wants the ball out in two seconds, but when his first read isn't there, he starts panic-dancing and sacks himself. Most of the times he broke out of the pocket, he would've been FINE just moving two feet in any direction. Three-man rush and he's doing 360s like it's an all-out blitz.

The rest of his game wasn't much better, as one-versus-one Nebraska has better secondary players than Missouri's receivers (that's what the spread is all about, right? Tigers couldn't win their singular match-ups) and his accuracy was poor. I was also peeved by Missouri's insistence to run the ball out of the shotgun, with two receivers, at the goal-line. Three times in a row. Shockingly, they had to kick a field goal.